This web site is enormous! Use the box to the right to search the whole site for what you are looking for.
Situated next door to Queensmead in South Ruislip
(Opening comments from Ruislip, Northwood & Eastcote Local History Society)
DEANESFIELD COUNTY PRIMARY 1944, DEANESFIELD
Deanesfield opened on the 5th January 1944 and was called Victoria Park JMI at first, being intended for the children of the Victoria Park estate - Jubilee Drive, Diamond Road, Royal Crescent, Palace Way and Queen's Walk - which lay off Victoria Road, with all its streets associated with the old Queen.
The name was changed to
Deanesfield on 16th March 1945, to remind pupils of the Deane family
(descendants of the Hawtreys) of Eastcote House, whose large landholdings
included Bourne Farm, on part of which the school was built.
There were 216 children on roll in 1944, but the numbers soon increased and temporary huts (latterly to become the Deanesfield Teachers' Centre) were erected in 1949 and a permanent infants' school was opened in 1951. The juniors expanded into the huts. Owing to falling rolls the two re-amalgamated in 1980 and there were 250 pupils on roll in 1991.
The school has its own web site